[MacDV] Re: CDs to use for VCDs

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Feb 12 16:22:28 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 04:12 PM, Colin McDonald wrote:

> on 12/2/03 14:40, Ric Perrott at writerric at mac.com wrote:
>
>> Wonderful. However that means exactly squat to people living in the
>> U.S, which is the majority of this list.
>
> Do you realise that this does come across as arrogance and I will not
> be the
> only one to take  exception to the (unintentional?) implication that
> the
> views and working realities of the rest of the world are of no concern
> you as an American.

Being married to someone who comes off enough like Ric that I was
thinking my husband was posting under a different name, I think it's
just his expression of aggravation that people are misinterpreting and
floundering about what he DID say, which was extremely precisely
stated. And accurate.

Most people's speech isn't that precise. When mine isn't, I get the
same gar from my spouse.

I watched this train wreck happening and felt sympathy for all
concerned, but I do understand with where Ric is coming from.

> I am confident that other US citizens on the list share my view that
> the
> MacDV List  has no such xenophobic agenda.

Um, the fact that someone can, in Ulan Bator, buy unlicensed media that
works in an audio drive wasn't relevant to Ric's point. Nor was it
xenophobic.

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite.