[MacDV] Re: eMacs & swapping out internal optical drive

BURTON Chris chris.burton at swift.com
Wed Feb 19 06:15:02 PST 2003

Actually it's fairly easy. I did it last weekend. If you've ever taken apart any kind of computer equipment before it'll be simple.
I took lots of pictures of each step. I said I would post the pictures of my web along with a little procedure .... but I just
haven't had the time to do so. I'll shoot you guys an email with the link when I do get it done.

BTW, I bought my eMac 700 from SmallDog mid last year for $899 ... plus $150 for the DVR-105 ... all in all not a bad deal but I
could have done better if I was able to wait.

Cheers!

Chris

Filipp Lepalaan wrote:

> Yes, it should work beautifully.
> Replacing the drive's a pretty wicked procedure though.
>
> filipp
> >Should work just fine Randy. I know nothing about how easy or hard
> >it is to get inside that thing. But the 105 is fully supported by
> >10.2.3 when you get it in there.

> >On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 08:02  PM, Randy Clark wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone heard of being able to replace the CD-RW on an eMac with a Pioneer
> >>105 burner? Now that I'm seeing some refurb eMacs for around $700, I'm
> >>wondering if my Cendyne unit (now sitting in an external case connected to
> >>an iMac DV SE 500) could be put into these machines.
> >>
> >>My preference is for a used/refurb G4 tower, of course, but since our money
> >>tree died last year, I'm trying to get the most bang for my limited buck.
> >>
> >>Real-world experiences or just highly educated guesses welcome!
> >>--
> >>Randy Clark
> >>hawkgx at planetkc.com
> >>Kansas City
> >

> >----------
> ><http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
> >Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to
> >the digest version.
> >
> >XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
> >Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>
> >
> >   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
> >   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
> >
> >MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
> >$879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> ><http://www.macresq.com>

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

S.W.I.F.T. s.c.r.l.

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information that is confidential
and/or proprietary and is intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.  It
is not intended to create or affect any contractual arrangements between the parties.  If
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it
immediately. Thank you for your co-operation.