[MacDV] Re: Pioneer DVR-105 for $170

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jan 2 15:14:29 PST 2003

Works both inside and outside but only inside with iDVD. iDVD only
works when it sees a supported DVD-R drive on the internal IDE bus
during the launch. It's tough getting inside a new flat panel iMac. But
yes, if you can get in there, it would replace the 2x SuperDrive just
fine. You'd have to remove the 105's front faceplate of course.

I know that Sean says it works with 10.2.2 but there is a note in the
10.2.3 release notes stating that 10.2.3 adds support for the DVR-105.
It probably has a very similar ROM to the DVR-104 and that's why it
works anyway (my guess). But to be kosher, you should run the updater
and get to 10.2.3 which is also noticeably faster than 10.2.2 anyway.

Kunga