[MacDV] Re: Preview Doesn't Work on DVDSP

Frank Wiewandt fwphoto at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 18 09:55:45 PST 2003

Ira,

I posted this a few days ago, but it might help.

> I was also told that I'd have to have Apple DVD player installed &
> that requires at least a DVD-ROM drive installed *in* the machine (I
> have the CD/DVD combo). Since DVDSP must be loaded from a DVD player
> anyway, this would appear to be a non-issue, but we know how
creative
> Mac users can get now, don't we.  :-)

Just a new note here, I was told that DVDSP was on DVD & not CD-ROM &
that you need a least a DVD-ROM to install it. You mention you only
have a CD-RW so that part might not correct, but the part about
needing an internal DVD player might still hold up.

> Previewing the actual burn requires, well, burning the DVD &
> previewing it. ;-) It was suggested that I get a few DVD-RWs for
that
> task.
>
> Finally, it seems a lot of people use DVDSP in combination with
Toast.