[MacDV] Re: Back UP storage options???

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 12:10:27 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 12:32 AM, Shirley Kehr wrote:

> My understanding is that you don't do batch capture in FCE like you do
> in FCP. FCE does not use the timecode, though I understand it "sees"
> it.

What do you mean it "sees" it?

> from a previous post listing what FCE does NOT do/have...
>
> * Timecode on captured clips will display as 00:00;00 (though the real
> TC will be embedded into the clip, you just will not be able to access
> it)
>
> * no logging, you can Capture Now, Capture Clip and something called
> Capture
> Project

If there's no logging, what the heck is Capture Clip and Capture
Project? How does FCE know what it is capturing? I can't imagine that
you cannot batch capture with FCE. I don't think it would be so highly
heralded if it was lacking that feature. And didn't someone say that
"Capture Project" is just a new term for batch capture? Can anyone
confirm?

Daniel
Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com