SVCD

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 16:49:53 PDT 2003

On 7/8/03 at 8:40 AM, Neville Thomas <nevillet at clear.net.nz> transmitted
the following electronic message:

>I need more help...
>So far, I have:
>Created a movie with iMovie
>Installed iVCD and used it to "convert" to a MPEG2 version, and then an
>"Image"
>Installed the Quicktime MPEG 2 component
>Viewed the MPEG2 version in Quicktime (looks good).
>Burned to a CD-RW with Toast Lite, apparently successfully?
>
>But,
>The SVCD wont play in my iBook DVD     (should it?)
>The CD has 2 files on it-  iVCD_01.img  and  iVCD_02.img   (does that
>look right for a SVCD?)
>
>Help appreciated.

It shouldn't play in the iBook's DVD Player app (you'll need vlc or
MacVCD X to play the disc in the iBook).

The files on it aren't "right". You burned it in Toast Lite (whatever
that is) as a data CD. The image files need to be loaded into Toast as
tracks in a Multitrack CD-ROM XA disc. In Toast Titanium, that is under
the "Other" popup menu button.

--
Dennis Cohen
Mac Digital Photography (Sept 2003)