[MacDV] Re: When video editing, does a G3 run better with OS9 or X?

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Mon Jul 14 17:44:53 PDT 2003

on 7/14/03 8:12 PM, Kunga at Kunga at FutureMedia.org scripsit:

> OS X is better. But you better sell that G3 while you can still get
> real money for it. When G5 starts shipping in September the resale
> value of your G3 iMac will drop to nearly nothing.

Oh Kunga... would that we could all move up...
I have a G3 laptop I do video on. I need to keep it at QT 5 as I am using
Strata Videoshop 4.5 to do my work. It doesn't run under X.

I capture stills on the fly. Strata 4.5 allows me to do that in a continuous
stream. I can set the preferences for how I want the stills to be saved then
snap off as many as I want from the video as it comes in.

The upgrade removed this feature. So I need to stick with the old.
I'd like to find something to replace Strata. Anyone know of anything?

Donna
My Brother, My Captain, My King - Boromir
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
People must learn to stop being insects - Thor

"looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Secret Diaries

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi