Desktop DV Recorders Mac Compatibilty

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 28 09:07:02 PDT 2003

Hi I'm new to the list as well. I work at the Media Production Centre at The
Faculty of Education at Western. We have seven Macs here and one of them we use
for DV video editing. We have imovie and teach the students the basics. Not
that I'm a pro myself which is why I joined this list. My immediate problem is
that we have JVC DV/VHS, VCR, HR-DVS3U, which we can import video into the G4
and control from imovie as normal but will not allow us to export any video
back to it. It will record but the screen is black with no sound. I think it's
a hardware compatibility problem and we're looking for a new desktop DV, VCR
that will work with the Macs. I've been instructed to make a list of potential
products. I've done some searching already with google etc...but haven't made
much headway. What can the collective wisdom of the list recommend?

thanks much

Richard G. (I think there's another Richard on this list?)