[MacDV] Re: imovie 3.0.3 is out - when did that happen?

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 07:02:45 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 08:35 AM, Gary Fujihara wrote:

> K,
>
>    I am up on the summit of Mauna Kea (I am a telescope operator for
> Subaru
> Telescope), and have no access to my camera at the moment.  It was
> actually
> purchased in Japan before any consumer DV camcorders were available in
> the
> US.  It is manufactured by Sharp.  There is a proprietary connector on
> the
> camera that allows you to connect to a television, VCR with RCA
> connectors
> with a supplied cable.

Gary

When you get the model number let us know someone can look up the info
on it here.

Ive also never hear of a DV cam w/o the firewire port If this is really
the case the only way to keep the signal DV without going to analog and
back to DV would be a playback deck (if there is such a thing) or
another DV cam with firewire out.  but you should test this before
buying anything to make sure it works well, at least have a return
policy on the item so you dont get stuck with it, if it does not do
what you need.

Frank Farwell