Selling music online

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 08:05:50 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 02:01 AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> The iTunes Music Store has sold three MILLION songs in ONE month, more
> than all other legal download services have sold in TWO YEARS. If they
> can maintain that average over the course of a year, Apple will sell
> more music than any other retail music source. And that's BEFORE you
> add in countries outside the US, and Windows users. Woah.

Speaking of that - anyone heard how the second month went? I hope it
continues to go well and drive home the point that people will buy
music if a) the content doesn't suck and b) the distribution medium and
rights are reasonable.

It would be really neat if there were places to buy or download
soundtrack music appropriate for iMovie - stuff that you could buy
that's licensed to distribute as a background in to your own movies.

SR