S-VCD Refresher course needed

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 7 08:45:06 PDT 2003

 From the descriptions of solutions I've been reading here it looks like
I either need to buy a new G4 equipped computer (mine's a G3 iMac) in
order to use an external DVD burner or an internal Superdrive to make
video DVDs (out of my budget) or upgrade to Jaguar (I've got OS 10.1.5
on the OS X side right now) in order to use any of the available
solutions for making a S-VCD. I just wanted to condense the requirements
down into one e-mail in case there is anybody else out there with a
similar Mac who wants to do the same thing. I expect that I will
probably bite the bullet and buy Jaguar and go through whatever pain it
takes to install it without hopefully losing anything I've downloaded
for OS X in the process.

Thanks for the assistance. I'll ask any additional questions once I have
Jaguar.

-Dave