[MacDV] Re: external Firewire drive recommendations?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Jun 20 06:30:27 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 09:49 PM, Kunga wrote:

>  But I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay more than $150 for a case. I'll
> just wait it out until the prices get right. Someone is seriously
> gouging at more than $150 for a case.

 From my looking around over the last year or two, it seems like $90-100
is typical for an enclosure with a power supply, $40-60 for "portable"
enclosures without a power supply.

I've seen the dual-drive model with power supply for <$50 mentioned now
and then, but I'm always hesitant to buy something that's half the
price of the competitors. Is there anyone who's had one of these for a
while who would recommend it? How's the noise level? I've got a couple
smaller drives I wouldn't mind putting in one of these. I can't justify
buying two "normal" enclosures for $100 each for these drives, but $50
for both is reasonable.

-Mike