[MacDV] Re: Hard drive for iBook video editing

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 16:20:45 PST 2003

Wow, Richard, sounds like you've really pushed the FireWire setup hard.
  I'm glad lots of people have had success with FireWire drives with a
DV device on the same bus.  Maybe I was basing my comments on my past
experience with my PowerBook G3/500 and an older non-Oxford
FireWire-ATA bridge.  I have a newer Pyro FireWire drive case with
Oxford 911 chip -- I should try that out with my PowerBook and Sony
miniDV cam.  And come to think of it, Apple made many improvements with
their FireWire controller since my old PowerBook was released.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to make sure the place you by your FireWire
drive from has a no-hassle return policy, like if you don't like it,
they'll take it back no problem.

1 cent.

- Mark