[MacDV] Re: Hard drive for iBook video editing

Craig Busch clbusch at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 18:29:31 PST 2003

Those of you having success with firewire drives, has any of it been in OSX?  In OS9, my use of a firewire drive has been excellent.  When I went to Jaguary- the footage bacame unusable.  Stuttering, intermitant stopping for a second.  This has been on a
G3 700 iMac DV SE.  I get the impression that some people are having success capturing to external firewire drives on G4 machines.  If that is the case, I will look into a new iMac or eMac.

I would appreciate hearing from those having success with an external firewire drive in G4 machines especially a flat pannel iMac or eMac as I am looking at those.

Thank you,
Craig