[MacDV] Re: FCP 1 or 2

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Mon Mar 3 18:39:29 PST 2003

My experience with other programs (e.g., FrameMaker) that run only in
OS 9 was that the installer required OS 9. If they made an installer
that runs in OS X or even Classic, it could put all the files in the
right places for Classic to run it.

You guys just reminded me that there will be no way to install
FrameMaker  on that new G4 tower I ordered a long time ago. I can't
seem to get time to learn InDesign, so I'll have to decide whether to
make that time so I can switch or cancel the order. I have to do a
monthly newsletter for our user group.

Adobe solved the problem for Photoshop 7 by allowing you to type in
your old serial number to prove that you had the previous version. In
Photoshop 6, they allowed you to simply insert an older CD during the
install process. So there are ways around the install problems. Apple
just needs to get their software installers to be a little smarter to
work with the decisions they've made about hardware.

Shirley