Updating iMovie 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 and OS X 10.2.3 to 10.2.4

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Mon Mar 10 12:58:09 PST 2003

Thanks to those members who responded to my queries re above.    Much
appreciated.

Once I pulled iMovie 3 out of the folder and got rid of the "3"
(including the heading on the icon in the dock) the upgrade was able to
proceed.   Subsequently,  I have installed 10.2.4 and so far, so good.
Toast 5.2. burnt a backup of the 10.2.4 installer OK and iMovie 3 seems
to have shed its tardiness.    The Ken Burns Effect is responding OK.
However, at this early stage I am not getting too cocky as I have not
had time to test everything out  eg sound sync and exporting from
iMovie to iDVD.

The aftermath of many attempts to install the iMovie upgrade finds me
with a copy of the iMovie 3.0.1 Application in amongst the features
that appear in the first window that appears after you first click onto
your HD.  When I attempt to trash it,  it tells me I can't as it
belongs to "root".   Someone has currently borrowed my "Little Mac OS X
" book and I wonder if a List member could provide me with short
details of the path I need to go down  to fix up this bit of
housekeeping?

When you highlighted a Clip in iMovie 2 it was yellow, now with iMovie
3 it is blue.  I prefer the former........is there any way to alter the
colour?

Thanks,
Ian Tucker.