[MacDV] Re: iDVD 3

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Tue Mar 18 16:33:36 PST 2003

On 3/18/03 4:23 PM, "Mark M. Florida" <markflo at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually, the newest version of Deck offers surround mixing.  I have no
> idea of the quality of their surround mixing tools, but Deck has been a
> really solid app for as long as I've used it (the older versions
> anyway, from 2.1 - 2.6, for the past 6 years or so).  It's a decently
> priced multitrack recording app at $399, and the surround tools make it
> that much more of a deal...

That sounds great. I'm as interested in audio as anybody, but I still think
surround is a very big subject, one where a $399 investment is chump change.

Frankly, I've never seen anybody working in DV with a room properly set up
half-decent for stereo, much less a full blown surround mixing studio. For
most DV producers, a move to cheesy computer speakers is a major upgrade
from the 2" mono monitor in their TV set.

Danny Grizzle