[MacDV] iDVD ejects DVD tray

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 12:35:44 PST 2003

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 01:20 PM, Michael Winter wrote:

> In the mean time, I'm preparing feedback for Apple suggesting the DVD
> not be ejected unless the user pushes the button saying they want to
> burn another disk. Otherwise, IMO, there's no reason for it to do so.

The way the Mac works is that the disk is either "in use" or ejected.
That way you never have the situation of a disk just sitting in the
drawer not doing anything, and no external indicator that its in there
- in other words, if you wanted to be sure nothing is in there, you'd
have to open it and look. The way it works now, that doesn't happen.

If toddlers can get to the CPU, I'd be more concerned about a cord
being pulled than the tray.

SR