[MacDV] Re: DVD MEDIA...

Alan Cawson alan_cawson at illustraresearch.com
Sat May 10 10:36:44 PDT 2003

Apologies - it was Peter Tattersall not Jim Asherman who wrote

> In any case, DVD+R is incompatible with Macs, and my
>understanding is that a lot of consumer players won't read them either.

And I replied:

I have a Philips consumer DVD recorder which uses DVD+R and DVD+RW. When
finalised the DVD+R discs will play happily in my iMAC.  The DVD+RW will
also play happily as they are finalised automatically in the recorder.
Likewise DVD-R discs burned on my iMAC using iDVD will play happily in
the Philips.

Alan