Getting mpeg files from DVD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue May 13 12:32:47 PDT 2003

> From: "Alan Cawson" <alan_cawson at illustraresearch.com>
> I've been trying out bb DEMUX1.2 to extract mpeg files from DVDs, as
> recommended by Erica.
>
> I get the streams extracted OK, but when I try to play the mpeg files I
> get an error which says a software component is missing.

This means that you are either missing:

a) the MPEG-2 playback component of Quicktime. This will cost you $30
and is NOT the same thing as QT Pro.

b) an alternative player such as VLC or mplayer. Free.

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are inferior to
McDonald's.