iTunes AAC to iMovie 2

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu May 22 01:58:55 PDT 2003

> From: Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>>> iTunes will, so use that. It will not let you (directly) convert to
>>> MP3, however.
>
> Yes it will.

You are mistaken, but I wasn't clear enough in my answer.

AAC files *purchased from the iTunes Music Store* (hereafter referred
to as "protected AAC files") cannot be converted to ANY of iTunes'
other formats directly. Try it yourself and you will see.

(they can of course be burned directly to an Audio CD, however)

AAC files that you make yourself (using iTunes or some other option)
are UNprotected and CAN be converted to other formats directly in
iTunes.

_Chas_

"Here is the thing you will learn from really using an OS X Macintosh,
and must somehow accept on faith if that's what it takes to get you to
Switch: Apple makes design decisions based on a sincere desire to make
your life better." -- Glenn McDonald