[MacDV] Missing Firewire

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Sun Nov 16 07:41:23 PST 2003

1.  Do other devices work when plugged in to that port?
      If so, the problem is in the camera.

2.  Can you read the camera's memory card if you take it out of the
camera
      and plug it into a USB card reader?
      If no, the problem is with the memory card.
      If yes, the problem is with the camera.

3.  You should double check all the obvious things too - camera has
      charged battery, camera is set to the "upload" setting, cable is
plugged in right, etc

Since you've tried several cables and two computers, the problem is
almost certainly with the camera.