iMovie2: go through camera to VCR from iMac

Janice O'Malley jano246 at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 03:18:25 PST 2003

I¹m trying to copy my home movies from my iMac (OS X) through my Sony
digital video camera to my VCR - in both directions.  I¹m trying to save a
movie I created to VHS for relatives who don¹t own DVD players as well as
get old movies on VHS into my iMac so I can edit them and put them on DVD.
So far neither is working for me.  In iMovie I have enabled Play video
through to camera under Preferences.  I have a FireWire connection from the
camera to the iMac.  I¹m using an A/V connecting cable from the VCR to the
camera.  (This is an older VCR with no S video cable capability.)  Can
anyone offer any insight please?  Thank you.

Jan O¹Malley