[MacDV] toast to create a VCD?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Oct 21 18:00:07 PDT 2003

Buy Toast 6. I just made my first VCD with Toast 6 today and it is
great. Better buy a D2 G5 to go along with is though. Took all day
(about 5 hours) for my Cube 500 to encode 56 minutes of the DV video
into the MPEG version.

Bottom line is that Toast 6 does the DV capture and MPEG encoding
without iMove or iDVD. It even auto makes the table of contents for the
VCD. Picture is not great, but audio is and the media costs NOTHING but
sales tax if you follow the FREE after rebate deals that appear all the
time in your Sunday Paper flyers.

Next I'm going to try SVCD instead with the updated Panther version but
I'll need two CDs for that.

kunga10 (AIM)
kungax (AIM)