[MacDV] Re: iMovie audio problem

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Wed Oct 22 04:39:33 PDT 2003

I thought iMovie 3.03 was supposed to fix this also but I just had the
same problem with my audio. The things that are different from my
previous movies are I am using Toast6 instead of Toast5 and I made an
SVCD instead of a VCD. Someone else said that a solution for FCP was to
trash the preference file. Does this work for iMovie? Will this have any
other effect on the movie?

Eric

>>> idave at earthlink.net 10/21/2003 7:27:32 PM >>>
The iMovie 3.03 update is supposed to take care of this problem if I
recall correctly. I've also heard of sync problems happening if you use
12 bit audio. Setting your camera for 16 bit audio will prevent
problems. I'm not sure what to tell you about the audio you have now.

>Hello. I know this problem has been discussed on here
>in the past, but I'm still having trouble converting
>my iMovie file (about 17 minutes long) to a .mov file.
>At about 8 or 9 minutes in, the audio gets about 2-3
>seconds behind the video. Has there been an iMovie
>update or some other patch that solves this problem?
>Thanks,
>Sebastian

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!