[MacDV] FCP to QuickTime to iDVD

George Robertson gcrobert at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 8 09:42:31 PST 2004

Please forgive such a basic question from someone who hasn't burned a
DVD for over a year and has forgotten the path.

I have a finished project in FCP 4.5. I want to make a DVD with the
highest possible (but still compressed, of course) quality. Do I export
it first to QuickTime, and if so, what setting should I use? Within QT,
there are options for exporting a QT file as "Best" Quality, so
presumably I want that. If I initially export my FCP file to QuickTime
and then convert it again to "Best", those are two steps. Am I
complicating things needlessly? And in both cases, should I be choosing
30 fps or 24?

I realize these questions brand me as a newbie, which I'm not - quite.

George