[MacDV] LaCie FW D2 vs. Porsche

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Feb 20 19:49:55 PST 2004

I imagine that the Porsche drive having a plastic case is cheaper to
manufacture than the aluminum D2.

When I got my 80 GB drive it showed as 73 GB in disk utility, when I
received the 160 GB drive I was pleasantly surprised that it showed up
as 175 GB.  I am use to buying drives and computers with inflated
capacity claims ( I know this is the result of calculations based on
1,000,000 bytes to a mb rather than using the true 1,048,576 bytes) but
this was the first instance were I received more than I bargained for.

I don't think that  the G3 will see all of the larger drive but I may
well be mistaken.

Gerhard Kuhn