[MacDV] pixels

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Wed Feb 25 15:48:47 PST 2004

You will need to "vertically squash" your scans to compensate for the
pixel size difference between computer monitor and TV set.

In Photoshop or other image editor, you can resize JUST THE VERTICAL to
88-90% while NOT constraining proportions, thereby creating a "vertical
squash" which, when brought into Final Cut, will look normal. If you do
not do this, all things will look stretched vertically, which could, of
course, be after the fact compensated for within Final Cut, but this is
NOT the recommended procedure as it will waste time. Of course, a
vertically stretched person might look thinner.... ; )