copying from TV with Vidcam?

Donald Hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Fri Jan 2 11:29:34 PST 2004

There are some webcasts that are only available (from our church, on
spirituality.com) that last over an hour, play only in Windows Media or
Real Player, and as streaming video are uncapturable; in other words,
they can't be saved to HD, as many QT movies can.

So, since we need to show some excerpts, I'm thinking of using my Canon
vidcam to record portions of the webcast off the monitor, and edit in
iMovie.

I'm unsure how to get maximum available quality out of this. Would LCD
be better/clearer/sharper, or a CRT monitor?
Any other advice would be welcome. thanks,

-don hinkle

for help and comfort and solutions—http://www.spirituality.com