Pioneer DVD Burner 107D

ksay11081 at mac.com ksay11081 at mac.com
Fri Jul 16 07:14:39 PDT 2004

This may have been discussed in the past, but I have an after market
Pioneer DVD 107D burner installed on my G4 Sawtooth/Dual
500Mhz/200G/1.3MB.  I have Mac OS 10.2.8 installed.  According to Apple
System Profiler the drive is "not supported".  Obviously I need to use
the drive for burning DVDs -- and I'd like to play region free DVDs.
Is there a firmware update fix for this or must I upgrade to Panther?
I've done an internet search and most of the information I find sounds
confusing and contradictory with a lot of warnings about 'unsupported'
hacks, etc.  I would appreciate and help.  Thanks.

Karl