[MacDV] Little Tiny 40Gig

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sun Jun 6 13:52:59 PDT 2004

An updated version of a previous post of mine (for anyone with a
photographic memory:-)

I've been using the LaCie 160 Gb Drive Firewire 400 drive (with a PB
Titanium 667) for about 7 months - its very good and also now available
in larger sizes all with Firewire 800/400 and USB 2. I use it for
Audio/video files and as a boot drive when needed.  It's fast enough to
let me import DV footage straight to the external drive with no
problems (Sony TRV25e). Costs quite a bit less than £1 UK per gigabyte
from my local Apple dealer or online purchase.

Colin McDonald