[MacDV] analog sound

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 15 18:52:03 PDT 2004

> I have a beautiful mono, analog Sony recorder.  Is there a simple way to
> get that sound into my dual G4 -- which has no sound input?  I have a
> JVC  HR-DVS3U connected via firewire, which obviously has analog input
> jacks for the VHS side.  Any way to feed through that?  If not, is there
> some not-too-expensive way of digitizing the recorded sound and
> inputting to the G4?

This is along the lines of something that I've been wondering.  I've got a
Canopus ADVC-100, and have been wondering if I can't simply hook something
like a turntable or 8-Track tape deck up to it and use the ADVC-100 to
capture audio to my G5.  Anyone ever try anything like this?  If so, any
advice?

		Zane