[MacDV] Newbie questions about NTSC monitors and FCP

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sun Jun 27 11:52:48 PDT 2004

Omar:

The easiest way to connect an NTSC monitor is to use a firewire converter,
either a camcorder that has it, or buy a converter box. MacWorld magazine
recently reviewed the major ones and they liked the DataVideo DAT100. It's
$199.

If you have an Igniter card, then you can connect an NTSC monitor to one of
the analog outputs on that. There are BNC to RCA adaptors, if your monitor
is a consumer type.

Regards,

 sb