[MacDV] Newbie questions about NTSC monitors and FCP

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 12:12:53 PDT 2004

Be careful with sync if you choose the video card to monitor method. I have seen
variations on timing with different cards running simultaneously on one Mac. You really
need all video sources fed from one card.

For the editing, I think you'd be better off viewing the firewire output from a Canopus
convertor or even looped through a camera. Final Cut knows how to sync FW, and may or
may not work well with a particular output card.

R. B.