QT Subtitles - "Movie contains an incorrect duration"?

Chris Searles csearles at t-online.de
Sun Jun 27 12:46:41 PDT 2004

I'm trying to add subtitles to a QT movie I made (following the
instructions in Erica Sadun's book) and after a first successful try I
made a couple of adjustments to the beginning and end times of a couple
of titles and since then I keep getting the following message:

"Couldn't open the ... file because the movie contains an incorrect
duration"

Could someone please explain the most likely cause for this and what
I'm probably overlooking. It's driving me batty!

Thanks.