[MacDV] OT Link Mac and PC

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Mon Mar 22 10:50:22 PST 2004

I would *NOT* recommend connecting your Mac to the PC via FireWire.
Even if the hardware would allow a connection to be made, your PC
wouldn't know what to do with a drive formatted in HFS+ (unless you had
software installed on your PC that allows access to Mac disks).

I *WOULD* recommend getting an ethernet crossover cable (or two cables
and an ethernet hub or switch) and just turning on Windows File Sharing
on your Mac -- then just connect from your Windows computer to your
Mac.  You could probably turn on File Sharing on your PC and connect
via your Mac too.  That should be the easiest way to connect the two.

- Mark