[MacDV] Cleaner 6.0.1: QT SV3 Large Dl v's WMV WM7 Large Dl

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Mar 23 14:33:17 PST 2004

Back to your original post (see below) -- you had an issue with the
*QUALITY* rather than *FILE SIZE*, correct?  The previous tip I offered
about the audio would help get the file size down, but won't improve the
video quality.  My bad.

If you look at the presets in Cleaner, the Windows Media file has almost
TWICE the data rate as the QuickTime Sorensen 3 preset (this is for PAL,
right?).  If you set the video bitrate in the QuickTime preset to match the
Windows Media preset (1440 kb/s), I'm sure it will look just as good (and,
unfortunately, the file will be just as big).

Hope that helps.

- Mark