WD Firewire drives/Aftermarket FW drive

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Wed Mar 24 10:36:55 PST 2004

I have two drives 120GB & 200GB inside an old G4 and after about 12
hours they start complaining (likely overheating).  I've now positioned
them apart which gives me and extra hour or two before the complaining
starts.  However I bought 4 old ADS externals 3 years ago with fans for
38$ each and the hard drives inside them never complain like the G4
ones.  They're not used every day, but turned on for a long stretch at
a time.  The fans are noisy but I'd be worried about running a hard
drive without a fan.

Lynn