[MacDV] Re: What to do with my Snow iBook G3/500

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Sat May 1 14:49:31 PDT 2004

on 5/1/04 2:16 PM, Ron at gMedia.DV at verizon.net wrote:

> You probably won't get a full refund. See their web site for warranty info
> and return instructions-also what were the terms of the auction? Be sure to
> get an RMA and note that you have limited time. Full returns have a restock
> fee. See if they can repair it. Hope you paid via a credit card.
> Good Luck!
>>
>> I am expecting a full refund. The guy (Craig)
>> sold me a computer that does not work. What do you think I should do? Am I
>> being unreasonable? All I know is I am out $850.00 CDN.

If you paid by credit card, claim fraud and stop payment.  If not, you're at
the mercy of the dealer.  Dealer most likely will serve him or herself
first.  In the future, paypal via credit card only.  Get express warranty
terms, and demand terms allowing full payment refund including shipping fees
if anything should be off.  People with integrity will do this because they
stand by the product, but importantly their service and reputation.  If you
buy off ebay especially, you need explicit assurances everywhere and down
the line.

The moment I see a no returns policy, or a return excepting shipping costs,
or that and a restocking fee, when an item is defective...gone.  The logic
seems to be, that yes, they send you crap, but they wouldn't have gone to
the trouble of sending it to you if you hadn't been stupid enough to buy it
under false pretenses.

Run