[MacDV] Past contributor/ Fire storm...

K kochkodin at verizon.net
Wed Nov 3 12:52:45 PST 2004

Wow, what a fire storm I started!!!!
I jokingly responded to Gerhard's question regarding Kunga's
where-abouts with a one line note that he was probably working for Kerry
and it really hit the fan!!!   Mea Culpa...Mea Maxima Culpa!!!!
 At any rate, there is a small but very important saving grace to the
election results...my Senator....Arlen Spector (R-PA) will be returning
to the Senate and will take over the chair of the Senate Judiciary
Committee...The committee that vets all nominees for all federal
judgeships...  Arlen will be starting his 5th (and probably last) term
and will not be afraid to put the skids to any attempt to slide some
hard core reactionary judges into place on the federal
bench...especially the Supreme Court...Anyone remember his Borking
affair??  Granted, he gave Anita Hill a hard time, but that was an early
example of his "Not Proven"strategy.. The Senator has already admitted
that he should have handled that episode differently....and if Mr.Thomas
came up today, I really doubt that he would get by.
Anyway,  it's obvoius that this list contains many truly patriotic
American members that care deeply for the future of our nation...I only
hope that we can all work together for a better world...
Regards, and I now return you to our previously scheduled Mac DV
discussions...
Mike K

PS..I wouldn't mind hoisting a beer or three with some of the spirited
contributors to the discusssions...if anyone is ever in the Penn
State/central PA area!!!