[MacDV] Past contributor

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Wed Nov 3 14:51:05 PST 2004

Nick of course you are right but these events have an effect on all
thinking people so if there are a couple of days of political
conversation so be it and you can choose not to be part of it tune out
for a day or two. If this conversation were still active next week then
I would suggest that they join an appropriate forum but for now I
understand that those people that saw a light at the end of tunnel are
now disappointed want to vent even if it is only with those of us that
normally only share our editing challenges and solutions.

Gerhard

P.S.  What I don't understand is that the religious right is
steadfastly and unreasonably against abortion and at the same
discourages the availability of birth control to young people.  Somehow
it seems to me that they are making their perceived evil more likely to
occur.  I agree that the fewer abortions occur the better but to
achieve that goal the purchase of birth control devices/pills etc.
should not be made a shameful act.