[MacDV] Exporting to Imovie problem

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 20 06:19:43 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, October 19, 2004, at 10:37  PM, Chuck Kay wrote:

> lost it's firewire connection. Since iMovie is controlling camera, it
> seems that communication is taking place in both directions. Is there
> some special type of communication taking place when you tell iMovie
> to share to videocamera?

I don't think I ever had the need to send an iMovie project out to
tape, but I have done this many times with Final Cut Express. With this
program, I always have to manually press the "record" buttons on the
camcorder. The software will operate any control on the camcorder
except "record."

If you can play your iMovie video and see the video on your camcorder's
screen, wouldn't it be simpler to just press "record" manually?

Steve R.