[MacDV] DVD won't burn all the way

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Apr 17 12:04:27 PDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 1:51 PM, Dreric1kansas at aol.com wrote:

> I have tried several times to port with imovie 4 to iDVD and make a
> DVD of my eclipse videos and slide video shows.
>
>  I have burned 2 DVDs and the 2 of the videos do not show up while 3
> do. I slide video show goes DVD but not the other.
>
>  There is plenty of room on the DVD so the iDVD should burn it with no
> problem.
>
>  Does anyone have any other ideas what I need to do to figure out how
> to burn the DVD. I use transitions, effects, whole movies and scenes.
> However some when clicked on the DVD say can't show.
>
>  any help appreciated/

My first guess would be that the ones that don't play are different
formats.
  You should look at the material that you are putting into iDVD.
Check the formats . If the stuff that doesn't play is different than
the stuff that does play, then you need at least to rinse it with
QTPro.
Mpeg1 and mpeg2 files for instance may look like they work but will not.
  with stills you don't want to stray too far from jpg or tiff.
Jim