[MacDV] Why won't iMovie export?

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Sun Aug 14 20:07:48 PDT 2005

I'm trying to export an iMovie project as a Full Quality DV
QuickTime file. I'm still using iMovie 3.0.3, but I've done
this before (about a year ago) and it worked fine then, so
I don't know of any reason it shouldn't work now.

Everything looks fine until I select a destination for the
file and click Save. If I have Play Sound When Export Completed
turned on in iMovie preferences, it beeps just a second or two
after I click Save. And I've confirmed with Process Viewer that
iMovie isn't doing anything.

Am I doing something wrong, or has iMovie simply decided to
stop exporting?

Patty