[MacDV] ADVC 110 and music?

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Mon Dec 26 12:57:35 PST 2005

I'm very appreciative of this thread. I know I need some hardware and
software soon to do a project. But could we shred this out a little
bit for some of us with less experience?

I use Audio Hijack Pro...and love it. There are many audio items that
come to me via Safari browser and iTunes that I need digitized for
later inclusion on CDs for my late-night radio programming of
community radio. AHP is great at this.

But I want to add my own voice as segues sometimes. The audio input
on my G4 desktop doesn't work with a mic/headset I bought at (and
returned to) Radioshack. In fact, I can't get a mic to work in the
audio input jack on my Mac. Why not? Impedance mismatch? I dunno.

And I, too, have a lot of audio cassettes, 7-inch reel-to-reel tapes,
and vinyl records that I would like to transfer to CDs. What's the
best way to do it?

I will look into the hardware and software that Ray is using. But I
could use a short tutorial on the general subject. Can anyone
help...or point me to such?

TIA,

Lanny