[MacDV] Stabilize video

Rich rgb at ellerbach.com
Mon Feb 21 08:01:30 PST 2005

On 2/21/05 10:10, Alex wrote:

>Hi Paul
>
>I use FCP extensively and all my shots were assembled in FCP
>The iStabalize program works as a standalone app.
>I opened the footage with istabalize, these were simply sitting in a
>capture scratch folder for the project.
>With a minimum of setup I stabilized several video pieces, saving them
>as separate files.
>These files were then imported into FCP and replaced the original ones.

I tried the program and is definitely interesting, but, I notice the
clips are at a slightly different zoom level from the originals and with
a softer focus so there isn't a seamless integration with the
surrounding video. With some planning and editing it'd serve to improve
some pretty shaky clips but it isn't a totally straightforward fix.

Rich