[MacDV] Toast/copying DVD-R

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jan 4 18:12:55 PST 2005

On Tuesday, January 4, 2005, at 08:47  PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> I (too) have Toast Titanium 6 and want to make copies of a DVD that's
> a clone of a clone, etc. (It's a doc being passed around with the
> encouragement of the producers). But when I ask Toast to make a copy,
> I get back an error message saying something like "error, disk full,
> code -34". I noticed that I didn't have enough space on the drive the
> Prefs have set for Roxio Converted Items, so I switched to a drive
> with plenty of space. Still, no luck, same error. Anyone help here?
>
> thanks, new years blessings,
>
> Lanny

You should kill whatever converted files are already there.
  Some key prefs are hidden in "recorder settings" check those out.

I have Toast Titanium 6 and want to make copies of my son's college
work, which he has rendered on to DVD (using FCP and DVD Studio Pro, I
believe). His disks all have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. As I have
never used Toast Titanium, would someone give me a quick run thru of
how to do this, if it is feasible to do.

It should be very easy.
  use the "copy" panel of Toast.
Use the little blue button on the left to open the window.
Make it a DVD copy.
Press the button.
Choose a place to put it.
  Make it so.
Come back later.
Drag the new copied file back to Toast or else it might already be
there waiting for a fresh disc.
As long as the material isn't copy protected or over 4.7 gigs it should
work.

Happy New Year.
  Jim