[MacDV] Re: Moving Captured clips to external drive

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sat Mar 12 22:32:18 PST 2005

You don't mention what versions of FCE or iDVD you are using but...

You need to move the Capture Scratch folder (the default location is in
Documents and then FinalCutExpress Documents. If you want to continue to
capture, then move the whole FCE folder over to the new hard drive and then
set the new location as your scratch disk.

(Make sure FCE is not open while you do this)

The next time you open up the project you will have to Reconnect the media
to tell FCE where you sent it.

You have to export the finished FCE project as either a self contained FCE
movie or as a reference movie (un check the box Make Movie Self Contained)
and then either drag the movie into the iDVD window or use the File> Import>
Movie.

In iDVD, go into the prefs and select Movies. Then click on the add button
and Look for my Movies in these folders and when the naviation window opens
up, select the file path to the location you are saving your FCE exported
movies. Your movies will now show up in the iDVD Media tab under Movies and
can be dragged into the iDVD window.

 hth,

 sb