Subject: [MacDV] Slideshow transitions in DVD Studio Pro 2

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon May 2 01:25:27 PDT 2005

Thanks Frank and Shirley for your suggestions.

Could I perhaps use iPhoto to export a movie of the slideshow at the right
resolution (my images are already in iPhoto), using the fade transition
and chosen music, then compressing that? I'd be avoiding the pixellation
bug and also avoid paying for another utility.  <$-}

Coj

ShirleyK <ShirleyKat at cox.net>

On Apr 29, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Frank Garcia wrote:

> At 12:20 PM -0700 4/29/05,
> macdv-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>
>> A week or so ago I asked if there was a way to create slide
>> transitions,
>> like the Ken Burns Effect, in DVDSPro 2 slideshows.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Has this been a feature addition in latter versions of DVDSPro?
>

> compose your slideshow + transitions + KB Effect in iMovie and then
> import to DVDSP2 after Compressor! But watch out for the pixellation
> bug (low-rez imges) when not using KB effect on certain stills.

Or spring for Photo to Movie. It seems to be growing up to become
another full movie editor specifically for still images. Some of us
remember when it was only $10, but the price is growing too as it gains
more recognition.

Shirley