[MacDV] Recommendations for analog to digital

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat May 14 20:36:18 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 11:23 PM, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:
> A while ago, I had looked at the unit from Formac, but have heard a
> number of
> negative reports, so I'm hesitant. I've read reviews of the DAC, Sony,
> Canopus and one other that I can't remember, but i wanted to get your
> input before
> buying. So, if any of you have had good or bad experiences with any of
> the
> converters, please speak up.

I have a Sony media converter model #2.
  This is a very handy item.
They are out of production as far as I know though you might find a
deal used.
I often use it just to run a monitor and speakers.
But if I were buying new now I would look at this:

http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/detail.asp?dpno=963924